Our Vehicles

HJA965E

Leyland Titan PD2

with

Neepsend double deck body

seating 64 people

 

Built in 1967 for Stockport Corporation Transport and today painted in their red and cream colour scheme. It has a Leyland 9.8 litre diesel engine and a four speed synchromesh gearbox. Neepsend bodies were built in Sheffield to the same designs as used by their parent company, East Lancashire Coachbuilders of Blackburn. This was one of the last buses to be built with the traditional open back platform.

 

LFM320


 

Leyland Tiger PS1

 with

Weymann body

seating 35 people

Originally ordered by the Midland General Omnibus Co. in Nottinghamshire it was in fact delivered in 1949 to Crosville Motor Services of Chester. It has a 7.4 litre engine and a four speed crash gearbox. Now fully refurbished and painted again in the original cream livery it wore when used on shorter distance express services along the north Wales coast.

 

 

 

RTC822


Leyland Titan PD2

with Leyland 9.8 litre diesel engine, four speed synchromesh gearbox,

Leyland double deck body

seating 56 people

Built in 1953 for Rawtenstall Corporation Transport and worked for over 20 years in this Lancashire mill town, covering over half a million miles, before being used for bingo transport in Scotland for a couple of years. It was then rescued for preservation having several subsequent owners, though had not been active for many years.

It has now been the subject of a comprehensive restoration which has included extensive repairs to the chassis and a complete refurbishment of the interior.

 

 

 

CDB 206

Bristol L5G

with

Weymann body

seating 35 people

 

Built in 1950 for the North Western Road Car Company of Stockport, it has a Gardner 7.0 litre, 5-cylinder engine and 5 speed crash gearbox. Its original working life was spent on services in Cheshire and up into the Pennine Hills to places such as Buxton and Matlock. By the 1960’s it had been sold for further use on workers contract services out of north London. Since then it has been extensively restored and has been returned to original condition.

 

 

GFM 882

Bristol L AEC

with

Eastern Coach Works Body

Seating 35 People

One of a batch of  Bristol L type vehicles ordered in 1947 by Crosville Motor Services of Chester and fitted with an Eastern Coach Works body, AEC 7.7 litre engine and a Bristol 5 speed crash gearbox.  

Received by Crosville in 1948 and allocated to their Wrexham division for use on country services in the surrounding area. In 1958 along with other AEC engined single decker the body was altered from rear entrance to front entrance and with alterations to the cab layout was then suitable for one man operation. Withdrawn from Crosville service in 1963, it was then one of a batch of 5 similar vehicles sold to Thames Valley Traction for use on services in the Reading area. Withdrawn by them in 1965 and then used by the Rossmore Bus Company of Poole until 1971.

Since then has been in the hands of various preservationist but had not been seen for several years until an extensive overhaul by Quantock Heritage at the end 2014/beginning 2015

 

 

TOP